CASUAL COOK (60 hours / month)
First Nation Healing Centre is a non-profit organization which is currently seeking a Cook. The cook is responsible to plan, budget, shop, prepare and serve balanced meals that meet the nutritional and medical needs of woman and children. The cook overseas all kitchen operations, maintains safe, clean and sanitary facilities, and ensures safe food preparation, storage and disposal in accordance with accepted food handling practices, food safety regulations and food guidelines
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
- Ability to take direction.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and organized.
- Able to cook in bulk and use commercial kitchen equipment.
- Design a new menu.
- Scheduling the recipe to prepare.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Good communication skills
- Maintain high standards of cleanliness, safety and food safety throughout the shift.
- Open to teaching residents how to cook, baking lessons and mentoring mothers of preparing nutritional meals for herself and her children
- Require a food handler’s certificate.
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and health codes.
- Able to handle work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be aware of the impact and effects of abuse on the lives of woman and children.
- Must adhere to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check, and drug test (as per the FRCN By-Law 2004-01, Sec. 8.01); To work in an environment that must be welcoming, supportive and secure to those who seek shelter and healing.
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume to:
Colleen Amos, Human Resource Coordinator
Email: email@example.com or Fax: 204-645-2745
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Friday, June 19, 2020 at 4:30pm
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The successful candidates will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01.)*