Part-Time/Term Early Childhood Educator Level 2 or 3
(During In-house Programming)
Posted: October 10th, 2019
First Nation Healing Centre is a non-profit corporation which is presently seeking a Part-Time Early-Childhood Educator Level 2 or 3 (ECE). The ECE will coordinate the childcare program and responsible to care for children while their parents participate in the in-house programming. The primary function of the early childhood educator is to plan and organize lesson plans and daily routes for the children in our program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop a childcare daily routine plan for children in the program,
- To ensure the children’s health and safety needs are met during childcare programming
- To work closely with the cook to meet the children’s nutritional needs, for meal plans,
- Prepare lesson plans that incorporate language and culture,
- To organize and coordinate parent and child interaction activity days during off program days
- To keep childcare room in order and clean
- To ensure the provincial childcare standards are met,
- To maintain and upkeep administration files for children enrolled in program
- To report to the Executive Director
- ECE level II or III
- Applied counselling or equivalent experience an asset
- Knowledge of children’s development and the impact of family violence on children.
- Experience of working with children and/or caregivers in a residential or day care setting.
- Past experience in parent-child programs, parenting programming such as Traditional Parenting
- Knowledge of data entry/databases, statistics, reporting requirements
- Ability to work with highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with children and caregivers of all age groups.
- Ability to act in both an educational and supportive role with children and their caregivers
- Working with adult clients experiencing domestic/family violence
- Flexible to meet the needs of a 24-hour residential care facility.
- Must be reliable, committed to assigned shifts, able to work alone or in a team environment
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the provision of direct services,
- Must have a good understanding of the Childcare provincial standards and guidelines,
- Must adhere to the Policies and Procedures as set out by FNHC,
- CPR, First Aid and Non-Violent Crisis Intervention training as asset
- Must have valid Driver’s License and access to own vehicle
- Must adhere to Criminal Record Check, Child and Adult Abuse Record Checks,
- Preference first to Fisher River Band Members.
Please submit a Cover Letter along with your Resume, three references and copy of certification to:
Colleen Amos, Human Resource Coordinator
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Fax: 204-645-2745
DEADLINE FOR RESUMES: Thursday, October 24th, 2019 at 4:30 pm
*We thank all those who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The successful candidate will be subject to a pre-screening drug test (as per the FRCN Drug By-Law 2004-01).*